So I have tried making molten chocolate lava cake. This time I took up the challenge to make one of my favorite desserts – matcha lava cake. This cake is impossible to find in Houston and maybe in U.S.A. The matcha lava cake is a very delicate cake to make and requires a lot attention. However, all was worth it when I tasted the end product. It was sweet, full of matcha flavor, and it was everything you could wish for for a dessert. Serve this delicious cake with a scoop of Haagen-Dazs green tea ice cream. OooHhhh green tea goodness!!
Ingredients (one 10oz ramekin):
1/3 cup white chocolate morsels
1/6 cup unsalted butter
1/6 cup granulated sugar (1/4 cup sugar would be a little too sweet)
1.5 tsp high-quality matcha powder
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter the ramekin and put aside.
- Melt the butter either in a microwave oven or over a pot of simmering water.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels over a pot of simmering water ensuring that the bowl of white chocolates does not touch the pot of water. You could also use the microwave oven to melt the white chocolate but I prefer the former method. This is because melting white chocolate is very delicate and white chocolate solidifies easily.
- Add sugar and melted butter into the bowl of melted white chocolate morsels.
- Add the egg into the mixture.
- Add the matcha powder.
- Add the flour.
- Stir well to make sure consistency in the mixture. The mixture should be in liquid form. If the mixture becomes semi-solid, put the bowl over a pot of simmering water and keep stirring. The mixture will turn into liquid form.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin and refrigerate it for 30mins.
- Place the ramekin into pre-heated oven immediately after taking it out from the refrigerator.
- Bake at 455F for 8-9mins.